The Mahamrityunjaya Mantra & myself.

Niranjano Niraakar Eko Deva Maheshwara
Mrityumukhaat Gatam Pranaaam Baladaakrashya Rakshate.

Mahshwar, Lord Shiva, is the niranjan nirakar one who is beyond death and time, the ruler of time. He is called Maha Mritunjaya, the great Conqueror of Death. Maha Mritunjay Mantra is dedicated to this Lord of Universe Shiva. This mantra is from Rig Veda. Its supposed to conquer death and fears. Rishi Markand's son Markendeya was professed to have a short life span. He was advised by all Rishi's to meditate upon Lord Shiva with this mantra. Mythology says his destiny changed and he turned immortal and went on to create the "Mankendeya Puran".


I came across this mantra few years back. And I have been chanting it and can feel how this mantra has the power to bring vitality and positiveness back into your life. The mantra when chanted gives me immense inner pleasure. The mantra is full of vibration and when recited with full concentration you can feel it especially when I do so at Brahmamuhurta (between 3:30am - 5:30am). Conquering death or conquering the fear of the same is not my aim for reciting it. That is the Truth of life and we can't escape. This mantra helps me release from stress, it gives me a strength to fight all battles in life. It fills me with infinite inner happiness and peace. I actually feel something, something awesome! When done with full faith and concentration, I start smelling sweetness, as if something very nice is affecting me. Sugandham Pushti Vardhanam - Yes the words are so real, so true!!!

OM. Tryambakam Yajamahe, 
Sugandhim Pushti-Vardhanam, 
Urvarukamiva Bandhanaan, 
Mrityor Mukshi Yamamritaat.

Meaning:-

We worship Lord Shiva - The Three-Eyed (tryambakam) Lord (yajamahe);
Who is fragrant (sugandhim) and nourishes (pushti) and grows (vardhanam) all beings.
As the ripened cucumber (urvarukamiva) is liberated (bandhanaan) (by the intervention of the "farmer") from its bondage to the creeper when it fully ripens;
May He liberate us (mokshiya) from death (mrityor), for the sake of immortality (maamritaat).








No comments:

Post a Comment